The holidays are already in full swing. Thanksgiving is behind us. Christmas is mere days away. The shopping madness is beyond my realm of understanding. But in case you’re not already ready for Santa, I put together a list of Holiday themed books to help you along!
1. You Better Not Cry by Augusten Burroughs: A collection of reflections on Christmases past and present, and it’s ability to bring out the best and worst in all of us.
2. A Christmas Memory by Truman Capote: An autobiographical story of a seven year old boy’s Christmas in Alabama, and his friendship with his cousin, Miss Sook Falk during “Fruitcake weather.”
3. My True Love Gave to Me: 12 Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins: A collection of holiday themed short stories by popular YA authors like Rainbow Rowell, Ally Carter, Stephanie Perkins, and others.
4. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis: The classic story always evokes a Christmasy, wintery feeling, and what better time to revisit Narnia than the holidays?
5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: Another classic that is perfect to read anytime, but the holidays especially.
6. Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: A Christmas scavenger hunt leads to the meeting of two unlikely teenagers in Christmas filled New York in this quick read.
What books get you in the holiday spirit?