Last night, I watched The Santa Clause for the first time, and just like that, the Christmas season is here! Since I love Christmas and books equally, I decided to join December’s Month of Favorites hosted by Estella’s Revenge, Traveling With T, and Girlxoxo. This way, when it comes to picking favorites at the end of the year, maybe it won’t be as hard as it usually is? Maybe. Probably not. I decided to go with 5 of my favorite new to me authors of 2014. This year, I finally got around to reading so many great authors I’d heard so much about, without ever having read. For example…
- Donna Tartt (The Goldfinch, The Secret History)
- Roxane Gay (Bad Feminist)
- Neil Gaiman (The Ocean at the End of the Lane, The Graveyard Book, Fortunately, the Milk)
- Haruki Murakami (Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, Norwegian Wood)
- E. Lockhart (We Were Liars)
This year definitely opened my eyes to some new favorite authors, and I definitely can’t wait to read more by these five! Who were some of your favorite discoveries this year?