Hello and happy Tuesday once again! This week the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish are talking about all those books people have recommended to you, their resident book reader, but you’ve never gotten around to. I know I’m forever saying “yeah yeah I will, EVENTUALLY” but there are still so many that get recommended so often. Here are my top ten:
1. Ready Player One, by Ernst Clines
2. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
3. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell
4. Outlander – by Diana Gabaldon
5. The Lord of the Rings Series – by J.R.R. Tolkein (This one will most likely never happen, but I hear it all the time!)
6. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I’ve read a couple here and there, but I’m really not into short stories, and for once I think I’ll stick with the movies and Sherlock instead
7. All of the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – Something about them just doesn’t appeal to me!
9. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford – This mainly comes up when I mention how much I loved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, I think because of the time period.
10. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – I hear this one endlessly, but I’ve TRIED, I promise, and I don’t think it’s going to happen.
I think most of the titles on this list could be combined with last week’s topic, which I missed: Books I’m Not Sure if I Want to Read.
What are some things you’re always being told you MUST read?