Hello and happy Tuesday! It’s time for another list, one of my favorite things, as hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re talking about books we can’t wait to read this summer. I (as always) have a towering heap of books I can’t wait to read and/or buy, but here are ten at the top of the list! (Just a hint, it looks very similar to both my birthday wish list, and my books in my beach bag posts…)1. Summer House With Swimming Pool, by Herman Koch. LET ME TELL YOU HOW EXCITED FOR THIS I AM. I actually got this TODAY for my birthday from my best friend so yes, very excited.
2. Mr. Mercedes, by Stephen King. Another one I just can’t wait for!
3. The Storied Life of A.J Fikry, by Gabrielle Zevin. Need this even more now that it’s the next pick for The Fellowship of the Worms!
4. Mrs. Hemingway, by Naomi Wood. Throwback to last summer when all I did was read fictional accounts of literary wives, then bring it back to this summer because it’s about to happen again.
5. My Life Next Door, by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I’ve been looking at this on my shelf for far too long, and need to read a new, summery young adult book to get me back into YA.
6. My Salinger Year, by Joanna Rakoff. I love memoirs lately, and this one sounds just up my alley.
7. Tiny Beautiful Things, by Cheryl Strayed. I started this the other day, and her writing is so gorgeous that I can’t wait to finish it.
8. Seating Arrangements, by Maggie Shipstead. I grabbed this after hearing about it from my favorites at Literary Disco, and what better to read in the summer than a book about a summer wedding?
9. All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. Patiently waiting in the stack by my bed for me to pick it up, and I can’t wait to do so!
10. Landline, by Rainbow Rowell. Last but definite not least. I will probably run to the store they day this comes out, and hug it when it’s mine. That’s how excited I am for this book.
What books do you plan to read this summer? Have you read any of these?