Hello and happy Tuesday! This week at The Broke and the Bookish, the buzz is about characters…whoever and whatever you want. Ones you hate, ones you love, ones who made you mad. I’m going with ten characters who stole my heart because there are so many that I just love and love to talk about!
1. Oskar Shell from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. A 9 year old who is wise and observant beyond his years, he was one of the best book narrators I’ve ever had the pleasure to read.
2. Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games trilogy. He threw her the bread, okay? That was enough for me.
3. Minnie and Abileen from The Help. Strong women standing up against the terrible society that surrounded them, and taking care of others while they did it. I loved them.
4. Rahel and Estha from The God of Small Things. Child-like voices are hard to perfect, but Arundhati Roy did it with these two. AND transferred those thoughts and voices to their adult selves as well. Someone tell me when she writes another book.
5. Francie Nolan from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. A reader, a realist, a positive thinker. Francie is one of my favorite characters of all time.
6. Harry Potter from…The Harry Potter series, obviously. One of my first favorite characters, I’ll always have a soft spot for Harry.
7. Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief. SO many tears over this fictional person. He must have loved her so incredibly hard. I loved him so incredibly hard too.
8. Finn and Toby from Tell the Wolves I’m Home. I learned about and loved Finn through June’s love for him, and he came to life in so many ways, as did Toby.
That’s all I have! Although this list is actually more than ten because there were two people in a couple of them. Who are some of your favorite, most loved characters of all time?