Is it just me or does it always feel like it’s Tuesday? This week the girls at The Broke and the Bookish are asking what’s on our bookish bucket lists. Some of these are more like goals and others aren’t the most realistic, but a girl can dream right? (Also, two posts in one day after no posts for a week…when it rains it pours! Or snows. Which it’s doing. Again. Moving on!)
1. Actually read some of the classics currently collecting dust on my shelves…
2. Go to more book signings/talks. I met Ransom Riggs this winter and he was so sweet!
3. Read more of the books on Rory Gilmore’s book list. (The link let’s you click the ones you’ve read and keeps a count of them for you. I got to 55 or so I think.)
4. Own a house with a huge library. My books are currently taking over my room and I can’t wait to have walls and walls for them. Like BELLE.
5. GO TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER. My sister went a couple of weeks ago and I was so jealous I could taste the butter beer.
6. Get more blog traffic. This kind of changes over time without one end goal, but I would like to see it increase. I’ve been trying more lately to interact and post links to twitter and things like that so!
7. Open my own independent book store, like Meg Ryan in You’ve Got Mail. Without, you know, the sadness of a failed business but with bonus young Tom Hanks.
8. Actually take advantage of the huge library in my town. I’ve been using my library card more to listen to audiobooks on Overdrive, but I should try and borrow some books instead of buying so many all the time.
What are some of the things on you bucket lists?