Why do I feel like every time Tuesday rolls around it’s snowing? Well good news, this trend is continuing today because once again I woke up to snow! (And no class. So I’m not complaining, I promise.)
Anyway, this week The Broke and The Bookish are talking about the best parts of being a reader and book blogger. While I’m still kinda new to the blogging game (when will I stop feeling new? I’m just going to declare myself NOT NEW.) I’ve been reading as long as I can remember and have some definite favorite parts. And some favorite parts of blogging too!
1. Reading: I like to think of book buying as a healthy addiction. I mean, I could be buying DRUGS or something. At least that’s how I justify it to myself when I leave bookstores with more. *nervous laughter* anyway…
2. Blogging: I love blogging because I get to share my thoughts on books with other people who love books as much as I do. When I do this in real life I can sometimes actually FEEL people’s eyes glaze over as I rant about the books they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO READ.
3. Reading: Reading is the best way to de-stress. What better way to forget about your own problems than by stepping into the world of someone completely different from you?
4. Blogging: I get to read about new books, and other people’s thoughts on them. And then buy them. (See reason 1)
5. Reading: Books make the best decorations. I love finishing a book and adding it to my shelf. I have those floating shelves from Barnes & Noble all over my walls, and I just love the way they look.
6. Blogging: Book bloggers are SO NICE. Seriously I was so happy when I realized there were so many people JUST LIKE ME. And everyone is so nice and make people like me feel like part of the book blogging family. (I might be getting dramatic here, just roll with it).
7. Reading: Pick up any book and you get to go to a new place. I want to travel absolutely everywhere, but while this isn’t possible as often as I would like, reading steps in.
What are some of your favorite reading/blogging things?