Hello and happy Tuesday once again! This week at The Broke and the Bookish, the discussion is all about books that will make you *~swoon~* Perfect timing for Valentine’s day on Friday!
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Sad, but I love Hazel and Augustus okay? okay.
2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Everything about this book, but especially Juliet and Dawsey.
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Paris and boarding school and boys, how could you not love this one?
4. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Lou and Will’s love was so MUCH in the short amount of time they had and I just wanted it to end differently even though I knew it couldn’t.
5. One Day by David Nicholls. The book and the movie of this one. It’s another heart breaking one but watching Dexter realize his love for Emma over ALL THAT TIME. I just…ugh.
6. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Why are a lot of these the same books on my list of books that made me cry?
7. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Such a fun book all around. If you’re looking for a romance (that won’t make you cry) for Valentine’s Day, I highly recommend this one!
8. Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler. Okay. I read this probably somewhere around my freshman year of high school or something but it was just one of those romance books you read in a day and then spend the next month wanting that kind of love story ending to happen to you. I couldn’t NOT put it on here, juvenile as it may have been.
9. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I used to devour Sarah Dessen’s books and this was always one of my favorites. I loved Macy and Wes okay?
10. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. Travel and romance, two of my favorite things!
Strangely enough it was easier for me to think of books that made me cry last week! What are some other love stories to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit?