Happy Tuesday! This week The Broke and the Bookish discuss their best author discoveries of 2013, and I am here to join them…because naturally the first thing I do after I finish writing about books for class is write about them for fun. Anyway without further ado:
1. VERONICA ROTH. It took me so long but I have finally read Divergent and I am officially in the fan club. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next two next!
2. Rainbow Rowell: I feel like she is (deservedly!) on everyone’s list this year, but I absolutely loved both Eleanor and Park and Fangirl.
3. Maria Semple: I had heard a lot about Where’d You Go Bernadette but finally read it earlier this year and absolutely loved it. Maria Semple had me laughing out loud and I can’t wait to read more from her.
4. Maureen Johnson: It seems weird to me that I hadn’t read anything by her before this year, because I’ve followed her on twitter for so long and she cracks me up. ANYWAY I loved the Shades of London series and 13 Little Blue Envelopes so much! As if I haven’t ranted about that a bunch of times already.
5. Jennifer E. Smith: Another YA author I’d heard about but never read, and another one I want to read more of!
6. Carol Rifka Brunt: What kind of best author list would this be without me fangirling over how perfect this book was? NOT A LIST BY ME.
7. Therese Fowler: I loved Z and can’t wait to read more by her!
8. Paula McLain: What can I saw I love books about the wives of classic authors!
9. David Levithan: I first read his joint novel Will Grayson, Will Grayson with John Green, and recently bought Everyday because I loved his writing so much.
10. Ruta Sepetys: Wow you don’t realize how much young adult fiction you read until you make a list of authors. But regardless, I cant wait to read Out of the Easy!