Looking for something to do this weekend? Whether you’re looking for a warm cup of coffee to keep you warm or a book to curl up with this snowy Saturday, there are endless possibilities. Here are five of my favorites.
1. Check out the Free Friday Nook blog. I know, I know, a bookstore blog suggesting an e-reader, but who could pass up the free books offered every Friday on the Nook blog? With each free book comes with a suggestion for further reading as well. Barnes and Noble also has a selection of free e-books, as does Amazon.
2. If e-readers aren’t your style, you might consider these indie bookstores. Located in and around Philadelphia, they offer used books, and that cozy used book store experience. I hope to visit some of these myself over the course of this semester!
3. Grab a book and head over to The Philadelphia Java Company, my personal favorite place to spend a lunch hour or weekend afternoon. The baristas are friendly, and if it’s a nice day, it’s great to sit outside and people watch as you sip your drink.
4. If you aren’t feeling up to braving the February cold, clean off your bookshelves and recycle them into something new. These crafty suggestions allow for productivity and creativity!
5. Order tickets for New York Times best-selling author Jodi Picoult’s book signing at the Free Library of Philadelphia. Jodi Picoult has authored nineteen novels, with a wide range of topics, offering something for everyone.
Photos taken outside of the Philadelphia Java Company.